Thursday, February 24, 2011

My First Handmade Long Wallet

Actually, it's quite a while I've been wanting a new wallet for myself. The current wallet that I'm using is actually from my wedding 'hantaran' which is more than 7 years back... 7 years old wallet and yet, it still in a great condition, I must say... But in a way, I'm longing for a new one, just for a change. However, since I'm no longer working, meaning no 'own money', so I need my hubby's 'courtasy' to buy me a new one. But, being a 'good' wife, I don't really have a heart to ask from him, so I'm saving a bit so I can afford it on my own...

As usual, when I think I saved enough for a new one, so off I went to JJ. There's few wallets that really caught my eyes, and the price was ranging between RM100-RM250. Although I have enough money, then it stroke my mind not to waste that money for something I don't really need. Well actually it always happened to me whenever I want to buy something for myself, even though at the time I was earning my own money.

So I decided to make 1 for myself. Only today, I made it happened.. So here's the preview, hehehheeh

The wallet
The Inside
I can't really give you the close up, this is experimental, so not really perfect...hehehhe.. Since this is my first attempt, so I decided to make it using the remnants...  This wallet containing 6 card slots, 2 slots for 'paper' money, and zippered pocket for coins... Since this is my first attempt, so I'm using velcro for the closure...

The result, not bad eh?...I guess so because well, before I finished sewing this wallet, it's already been booked!!! By who else if not by a 7 year old young lady in d'house.... She even asked how much I'm selling, and she's willing to pay for it!!! Right after I finished it, the other 2 young ladies also want one for themselves (well even almost 2 years old Faiqa also wanted 1 for herself).... And Fasha not wasting any of her time, declared hers, and started putting her 'stuffs' in...

So still no new wallet for me? hahahaha... It's ok, I'll be making a new one for me soon with some 'improvement'...

If anyone like to have one like that, just select your fabby and I'll sew it for you....

1 comment:

  1. saya pon selalu camni.. nak g shopping... tgk rege.. alahaiii rasa sayang ngan duit, last2 tak beli hahaha..
    ... pasni bole buat guna designer cotton plak, mesti lagi meriah...:)

    ReplyDelete