Actually saya dah lama nak buat tutorial ni, since the first time I made my own label which was last year. But at the time my blog has yet to exist and since it was also my first time so I decided to to give it a try first, and share the 'review' later, hehehhe... Then when my blog is ready, I still got quite few labels left, so again no tutorials yet... last few weeks I was running out of label so decided to make a new 'improved' label
Anyway, saya tak pernah pun lagi tempah label, ataupun beli yang dah siap.. Reason? Restrictions it has upon ordering... Meaning?... Well I mean, whenever you want to order your label, few things you need to consider:
- The price, the less amount your order, so the higher the price, to lower the price, I have to order more...
- Minimum pieces usually quite a lot, since I'm not 'producing' that lot, so I think it's a little too many for me to order hundreds of pieces.
- Restrictions in colour, design and wordings. 1 lot of order will have the same design, color and wordings...
(Saya ni jenis yg cepat bosan jugak kalau nampak sama jer...hehhehe.. And usually for different category of my 'products' they will have different name... So kalau saya ada 2-3 kategori, jenuh la saya nak tempah banyak-banyak kan...heheheh...
So godek punya godek, so dapatla saya ilmu sikit tak banyak pasal macamana nak buat label sendiri... Senang je caranya... Yang penting, ada pc, normal inkjet printer, dan yg susah sikit adalah untuk mencari iron on paper..
Ready? Okay, here we go...
1) Using any software that you are comfortable with, you can start creating your own label... Like myself, I'm just comfortable using Microsoft Publisher.
2) Once done, you might want to print it to make sure it is the correct size you want it to be...
3) Satisfied with the outcome? MIRROR IMAGE your whole label... This is crucial step, because if you forgot to do it, then your label will come out as mirror image.. (You can do it at later stage if you want to, but make sure you DO IT!!!)
4) Duplicate your label and arrange it to maximize the space, so that you can have as many label in one A4 size. Don't limit yourself for a specific design or colors. Mine? Hahahah.. Mine is simple only, don't like too many colors, wordings and designs in 1 label... but I change the wording colours, so I can have the varieties..
5) If you haven't done the MIRROR IMAGE part, then do it now!!!!
6) Make sure you have enough ink in your printer, get your iron on paper, insert it as your printer's manual. (Mine, face down)
7) Start printing!!!.. Oppss... maybe you want to test on normal paper first, and don't make it really close to the top page, coz you might end up like mine...huhhuuh.. (Actually I did print on normal paper first, it looked ok, but turned out that the first row is too close to the edge on the iron on paper, du'uh.. So need to rearrange the label...heheehhe)
8) As I said before, I have different name for different 'product' category... So here is another example..
9) Cut it out into individual labels. If your arrange your label with some extra space in between, then you might want to cut it into a one long strip.
10) Choose the material you want to put your label onto. I used cotton tape. Make sure material is suitable for you to iron your label onto, cotton material is the best. If you want to use satin ribbon, it is advisable to use the non glossy part. Arrange the label on the chosen material, making sure you have enough space for you to 'fold' at both end.
11) Before ironing, I would like to suggest to layer another thin clothe on your label and your tape, so that the heat from the iron doesn't damage your tape and label (well usually the label should be fine, because the paper is designed to stand higher temp, but your chosen material esp satin ribbon might not).
12) Use DRY IRON!!!, If you have iron that has steam function, then make sure you turned it OFF first before start ironing your label. NO SPRAYING is allowed either!! Why? Because otherwise your ink will bleed/smear.
12) Let it to cool off before peeling the paper, then you're done...
|Extra space at both short end so I can fold them|
|Barut having the new label|
So enjoy your label making and have fun making it!!!!
Actually this paper is not only meant for label making, but you can also use it to design your own t-shirt. Custom made your t-shirt for yourself, your children and your family. Yelah, instead of you tempah kat luar, sehelai baju boleh cecah RM20 or more, kaler pun limited, design pun limited, why don't you make it on your own....
So let me know whether this tutorial is easy to understand or not. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to let me know. I'll try to assist you as much as I can.
*** p/s: Saya mohon kerjasama anda semua yg saya sayangi dan hormati, tolong tinggalkan alamat email skali yea kalau nak saya respond esp mengenai stok iron on paper ni. Otherwise boleh juga terus email saya di firstname.lastname@example.org. Boleh juga WhatsApp saya di 0133949203 (WhatsApp ONLY). Terima kasih.